The membership of the association is open to all widows of serving and retired Defence personnel and their dependants, who have shown interest in the vision and mission of the association, with certain terms and conditions.
Dr. ( Mrs.) V Mohini Giri, the founder of WWA, is the Chairperson for life.
The election for the Executive Committee / Governing body is held once in 3 years.
Executive Committee Members w.e.f 2016
• Dr. Mohini Giri, Chairperson
• Mrs. Jasjiwan Singh, President
• Mrs. Pravesh Ghai, Vice President
• Mrs Mohinder Bakshi, Vice President
• Mrs. Damayanti V Tambay, General Secretary
• Mrs. Mrs. Geeta Dod, Joint Secretary
• Mrs Manveen Bal, Treasure
• Mrs. Shammi Malhotra, Joint Treasure
• Mrs. Mrs. Raj Sharma
• Mrs. Mrs. Mona Makin
• Mrs Poonam Goswami
• Mrs. Shanta Devi
• Dr. Jyotsna Chatterjee
• Mrs. Prema Kala - Administrative Officer & Programme Coordinator
• Mr. Jagjit Singh Saini - Office Incharge
• Skill Training:
a. Computer training – Ms Sumitra Rawat
b. Tailoring and designing – Ms Sushma Ghai
c. Spoken English – Ms Monika Sood
Summit Playschool – Ms Sumitra Rawat
WAR WIDOWS ASSOCIATION, Shaheed Bhawan, 18/1, Aruna Asaf Ali Marg, New Delhi 110067, INDIA
We are a registered organization under the Society registration act of 1860 and our number is
5230 of 1971-1972.
Telephone No. 91-11-26965494